Friday, August 2, 2013

a sonnet for kmax

I am aghast! Somehow I have managed to get through the whole summer without posting ridiculous poems in forms far too grand for their subject matter (which is what I most love to write, let's be honest).

But, as I said to a friend who confessed that she never used AIM in middle school... It's never too late to start living.

This sonnet is a summation of my oft-repeated sentiments toward the Fabulous Maxfield Family. These feelings were reawakened when Katie sent me an email the other day noting some statements her 'dear old dad' made at dinner, so I decided to pour them out in the form of a sonnet.

This is high art, y'all.


O, to be a fly upon the wall
In places where the Maxfield clan resides
And Katie and her family members all
With pithy speech the summer hours bide.
And O! to hear first-hand the wond'rous words
I now find only through the internet:
Perchance to add myself some thoughts absurd
(Because strange thoughts more of the same beget).
But most of all, I revel in the way
KMax's family takes such time to tease
The living daylights out of their poor prey
(That is, the giggling dame: Kathryn Louise). 
And as I love to poke fun at my friend,
With such good company, 'twould never end!


(And this is why Katie should begin plotting now to ensure that I never spend extended periods of time with her family.)

No comments:

Post a Comment