Monday, June 17, 2013

bel air, maryland

Well, I don't have anything intelligent to say this fine Monday evening.

I spent 80 hours this weekend with people... straight (aside from a 25 minute break, and sleeping Saturday night). But I love all of those people.

Yes! I got to go back to Bel Air this weekend! It was awesome! I did nothing useful but so many things valuable!

I loved getting to hang out with some of my very close friends from my high school days... Marina, Rachel, David, Kristina, Douglas, Megan, and Caleb (in order of appearance).
It's so great that I can go months without seeing or communicating with them, and the first time we see each other we go right back into real conversation about real things. (Although it is NOT so great that we go months without communication.) And I know that whatever questions they ask me, from 'How are you' to 'How can I pray for you,' they really care about my answer.

That is the best feeling in the world.

Also, I got to see Rachel's dad, who was my Calc1/Calc2/Physics/WorldHistory/Latin1/Latin2 teacher in high school. He's the coolest. We made calculus jokes. Fun fact: he breeds spiders for kicks. (That part's a little weird.)

So Bel Air is no longer exactly home for me, even though it is home to many of the people whose company is home for me. Regardless, I would like to make a list of Reasons Why Bel Air, Maryland is Actually Pretty Cool Regardless of the Fact that it is in Maryland.

  1. It is the biggest town in Harford County. If you live in Harford County, you probably have to drive to/through Bel Air to get anywhere/do anything.
  2. Even though it is big, it is green and it is clean. Including downtown.
  3. There are all sorts of pretty places hidden around its neighborhoods... there are creeks everywhere.
  4. They actually teach kids our State Song, even though other Marylanders (cough Baltimore) are trying to pass legislature to change the lyrics and destroy our history!!!!! (sorry, rant)
  5. Speaking of the Confederacy, John Wilkes Booth grew up there.
  6. Wegman's.
  7. Humidity makes my hair do fun things!
  8. A lot of neighborhoods have themes... like the one Megan and I found yesterday where all of the streets had Shakespeare-themed names :D #nerds
  9. The town is putting up a darned good fight to prevent the new Walmart. Props to you.
  10. All the coolest people live there, really. (Obligatory cheesy last reason, sorry.)

Yep. Pretty cool weekend. And now I'm exhausted because, you know, introvert.









1 comment:

  1. All those reasons and not even a Fresh Prince reference?! But I'm sure you get it all the time. Every time. Yo! Home to Bel Air!

    ReplyDelete